Bolt Design Studio  
Building plans and permits 408 . 646 . 2195
     Home ·  Services ·  How it works ·  Recent work ·  FAQ ·  City Links ·  Contact

Remodeling and additions: how the process works

   You will first need existing set of plans for the house/building. If you do not have them, these can sometime be obtained from your local city Building Department or from the construction company that built the house. If no floor plans exist, we can make them for you. Once we have existing floor plans we can proceed to design. Hand-drawn proposed floor plan with dimensions is usually sufficient. You must provide one-half of the total amount quoted as a retainer before we can begin working. It usually takes about two weeks to design and complete a set of drawings. We will follow up on the project free-of-charge if the Planning and Building Departments have indicated that changes must be made to the plans. We can assist in express plan check at the city department. By providing a set of approved plans, you will give the various contractors a better idea of the scope of the work to be done when they bid on your project. Then your contractor will use these plans to complete construction or remodeling.

   We are working with CA licensed structural engineers who use optimized structural design to minimize material use and cost effectiveness during construction.We have experience with SIP(structural insulated panels) design and construction.
We provide service in Santa Clara County, San Mateo County, Alameda County, San Francisco County, Marin County, Contra Costa County, Napa County, Solano County, Sonoma County
ADUs, junior ADUs, additions, remodeling and new construction plans in San Jose - Bolt Design Studio
© COPYRIGHT © 2004-2024 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Bolt Design Studio